Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat transfer
Rakesh Kumar Gupta is working with Chemical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2009. He has completed his M.Tech. degree in Chemical Engineering from Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (Now known as IIT-BHU), Varanasi in June 2008. His research interests include Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer.
- M. Tech in Chemical Engineering, IT-BHU (Now known as IIT-BHU), Varanssi with first class honours
- B.E. in Chemical Engineering / M.R.E.C. (Now known as MNIT), Jaipur with first class honours
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 12+ years
- July 2008 – June 2009: Lecturer, Chemical Engineering Department, JNU, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- July 2009 – present (May 2021): Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering Department, TIET, Patiala.
- Heat Transfer
- Material and Energy Balances
- Petroleum and petrochemicals
- Computation fluid dynamics and heat transfer
- Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Avinash Chandra and Raj Kumar Gupta. " Buoyancy-driven convective heat transfer from a semi-circular cylinder for various confinements." Sadhana 43:182 (2018): 1-18. [SCI Impact Factor 0.592].
- Abhishek Singh, Raj Kumar Gupta and Rakesh Kumar Gupta. “ Simulation of reactive distillation column using Aspen plus; Published in 2nd Advances in Chemical Engineering, 27-28th February 2011 organized by Thapar University Patiala.
- Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Avinash Chandra and Raj Kumar Gupta. “ Experimental investigation of 3D-mixed convection heat transfer from a semi-circular cylinder placed in rectangular channel; Presented in National conference on Advances in Chemical & Environmental Engineering, 22-23rd April. 2016 organized by NIT, Jalandhar.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Performance award scheme 2015. (From Thapar University, Patiala)
- Performance Incentive Scheme 2009-10. (From Thapar University, Patiala)
- Gate scholarship 2006-08. (From MHRD, Delhi)
Message to Students & Community
- Never lose hope, until and unless you are not getting success.